we ran away...

lake placid, ny 2014

my love

it was my 50th birthday, and our 13th anniversary weekend. we hadn't been away without the kiddos for about two years. i just couldn't let another year go by without snatching my dearest love away (even though he was secretly planning a bash for my birthday).

it's so important to spend alone time with your spouse. it makes for a healthier marriage. so do it. even if you send the kiddos to grandma's for the weekend (or even just one night). you won't regret it. so plan it. now. 

our little escape landed us in lake placid at the Crowne Plaza (recommended by my sweet friend Karen). we weren't disappointed. the views were grand and the room was splendid. we even had a small, private balcony to look out over the mountains. i want to go back. 

we had a sweet, intimate time together. laughing, talking, walking, seeing the sights. even caught a movie… The Giver. we took naps. shopped. drank coffee (of course). and shared the most delightful, warm, gooey cinnamon bun ever! 

we missed our boys, but chatted with them frequently. i think it was good for them to spend time away from us as well. absence makes the heart grow fonder? perhaps. my husband sums up his point of view on his blog here

and of course i took way too many pictures!!

we're here!

our room with a view

we slaughtered that warm brie


crowne plaza, evening light

the house of jerky closed early
due to nice weather

up the chair lift...

down the chair lift

my poor hubby had to climb these stairs
a few times a day! phew!

my goofball <3 td="">

mirror lake

well, you know ;)

rainy day coffee shop visit

the house of jerky closed
due to bad weather lol

the best french onion soup!

awesome view 

crisp morning 

whiteface

whiteface

after the wind got a hold of me
atop of whiteface! 

death of a cinnamon bun
so gooey and warm and deeelish!
you can see more of my photos on my fb page here.
i cannot wait to run away again!




Comments

Popular Posts