reconnaissant..day 11

Reconnaissant is how the French show gratitude...which is much more than just merci (thank you)...it's thanks with an attitude!

Today, this Veteran's Day, 11-11-11, I am thankful for a free country!
I know, quite expected and cliche...but I truly am!


Can you imagine getting up in the morning to go do a job that was hand-picked for you by the government?

Or having to decide whether or not to abort a female child because the government says you can only have one, and you want to carry on your family name?

We are so very blessed to live here in the US and be afforded the freedoms we have.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes war to fight for those freedoms.


God bless the military and all those who serve/have served to provide us, and keep, those freedoms!

I am so very thankful for them! and I am filled with gratitude that my children get to grow up in these United States!

"We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters." 1 John 3:16

my grandpa (top left), my dad (bottom left), and my husband, Hank


my sister Joanne (upper right), my brother John (lower left), my brother Joe (lower right)

Comments

Popular Posts