estar agradecido--day 12

estar agradecido = be grateful

...and I am. Today I am grateful for my father-in-law, Steve.

Those of you who know me, know that he lives with us. In fact, the house we live in used to be his. He raised his family here.

When we took it over, we had much to do...and we have much left to do. Anyway, Steve (or Pop as Hank calls him) has a life-estate here. That means he will be living with us until he passes away.

There are pros and cons to living with an in-law, and although it's difficult at times, we are making it work. I am glad that my boys are getting to know at least one of their grandpas. It's such a blessing.




Grandpa Steve is a constant in their lives right now. He turned 76 years old on November 10th. His father is 97 years old. So longevity runs in the family. I think the boys will have him around for a while. As for me, I'm not so sure I can last another 20 years! LOL! But I will cross each bridge as I come to it. With God's help in strength, perseverance and gratitude, I think those bridges will be less foreboding.

I am, at this moment, feeling grateful for my father-in-law :)






Comments

Popular Posts