14th day of gratitude

Today I am thankful for my sister Yvonne.

The oldest of the six of us, I'm sure she had the most responsibility growing up in our home. 
She watched us often when my parents were working and such. I looked up to her and admired her determination and work ethic. 



She has always been a hard worker. She doesn't know the meaning of the words "give up." 
She has a harsh exterior, but a tender heart. She loves her family passionately, and it shows in everything she does for them. 

I remember one day when i was in 3rd grade, Yvonne brought a change of clothes to school for me. You see, I had an accident in school and was quite embarrassed. I was so thankful for that change of clothes and the reassurance from my oldest sister that it was "OK." 

She became a wife, a mother and is now a grandmother. She still works hard and is still very passionate about family. 

I love you Miss Yvonne! and I am so thankful for you!




Comments

Popular Posts