Saturday, April 2, 2011

what service means to me...

did you know that dictionary.com lists 13 meanings for the word "service?" whoa!
i don't know about all those; i just know what service means to me.
service to me is something more than just performing a duty or doing something to help someone.
service is a comittment...to God, to the person, and to myself.
service is a way to help others to bring forth the glory of God.
service is a way to SHINE God's light in this otherwise dreadfull world.
service is providing help to someone without expectations.

S = sacrifice your time and yourself for another person's need.
E = everyone should be in service to everyone else.
R = rise above the world's view of "me, myself and i."
V = vital: service is vital in this fallen world.
I  = instant feeling of joy when you help someone in need.
C = cornerstone: service should be a cornerstone in your walk with God.
E = everyday: service should be a part of everyone's day, if possible.

are you serving something other than your ego? just something to think about.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! We've been talking with our girls about serving others and I think I'll share this with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific, Mare...very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive