Expect Love...

This Christmas, I am without two important people in my life: my mom and my dad.
It's hard to "celebrate" life when loved ones are missing from it.
However, I KNOW, with all my heart, that I will see both of them again...when the Lord returns and gathers us up with Him!

I came across this prayer that really touched my heart & soul. I am trying to endure a blessed, but often difficult living situation. Read on if you want to be encouraged also...

Lord,
Make me an instrument of Thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled,
as console; to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving, that we receive;
It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned;
It is in dying, that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.
St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

  1. I love this prayer. It really sums up quite a bit. We have it hanging on our wall in a pretty calligraphy. Can you believe the neighbor would sell such a thing at her yardsale? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts