endless household projects

It seems like we are always doing something to fix up this old house. The never ending projects we have going on, or are planning to do, seem to take over our lives, our time and our budget! An example is the bookcase built-in we started last fall...still doesn't have doors on the cabinets; and we need to do something with the mantel/fireplace surround!



And the boys' cedar swingset still needs some finishing touches; like handles above the ladder and climbing wall, the window enclosure around the top, and more mulch--because the mulch seems to be disappearing! LOL



These are just a couple of our "unfinished projects."

Another is our front porch. Yesterday, my dear husband Hank finished putting in the ceiling of our front porch! I was so excited! I know it seems like a small thing, but it was HUGE to me! You see, we have been fighting off birds...building nests...in the rafters of our porch all spring/summer. Now, with the ceiling in, we don't have to fight them anymore! YAY!

The bird poop was also preventing us from buying some porch furniture so we can sit out there and enjoy our hard work! Hank pressure washed the decking, and it is now poop-free! Another YAY! And yes, it still needs some finishing touches, like railings on the stairs and soffits (I might be spelling that incorrectly), but at least we can use it now! I cannot wait to go shopping for some porch furniture & enjoy sitting out on the front porch for the rest of the summer!



Comments

  1. I'm jealous of your porch! I've always wanted a covered porch, but we don't have one on our house so unless we ever move, I'm out of luck!

    I also understand about needing to finish up lots of little things on projects. Sounds like we are in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts