dark clouds...blue skies...

The day before yesterday's weather reminded me of life...dark clouds, blue skies, dark clouds, blue skies, dark clouds, blue skies....

dark cloud--an 8yr relationship ended and I lost touch with a dear friend
blue sky--I accepted the Lord into my heart
dark cloud--lonliness set in
blue sky--I met Hank, we dated and were engaged
dark cloud--my grandfather passed away
blue sky--Hank and I were married!
dark cloud--my dad was diagnosed with cancer
blue sky--I got pregnant!
dark cloud--Hank lost his job
blue sky--Hank got another job :)
dark cloud--my dad passed away
blue sky--Nick was born!
dark cloud--we moved 2 hours away from family and friends
blue sky--Stephen was born!
dark cloud--financial mess!
blue sky--Jake was born!
dark cloud--we had to live with my MIL for a month
blue sky--we finally have a home of our own
dark cloud--my FIL lives with us
blue sky--our family is complete
dark cloud--my mom passed away....

I'll bet you can fill in the blanks with your own "dark cloud" and "blue sky" moments. But I think it's all in how you handle them. If you have Jesus, then you know what I mean. The Lord places "dark clouds" in our lives for a reason. We may not fully understand the "why" of it all, but we can certainly rely on Him to bring us through them to our next "blue sky!"

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder that blue skies come after dark clouds! I will have to find the time to sit down and make my own list of "dark clouds, blue skies"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts